How do you answer when someone asks you What DO YOU DO?
How do you answer when someone asks you What do you do?
Are you able to respond with a short-and-sweet sales message so compelling that, once you’ve finished, whoever you’re talking to likes you enough to hire you or give you money or buy your product
Elevator pitch (also known as an elevator speech) is a precise, crisp, persuasive speech you use to introduce yourself, your brand, your product, or your company. Its purpose is to explain the concept quickly and clearly to spark interest in who you are and what you do. Make the elevator pitch so impactful that the other party will be eager to talk to you again!
An elevator pitch should be 30-seconds long at maximum: short enough to get your message across anytime and anywhere-even during a quick elevator ride (hence the name).
Elevator pitch for different scenarios:
- Imagine you bumped into a senior leader at CXO level within your organization in the real elevator and you have to strike the conversation
- You came across an influencer or a celebrity at a networking event, conference or job far etc.
- You are attending an interview
- Sales pitch to generate curiosity about your product or service
No matter what the situation is, if you want to make a powerful impact through elevator pitch, craft it carefully.
Here are a few pointers that will help you in creating the best elevator pitch
- Get noticed, take initiative to initiate the conversation
- Generate curiosity by stating something unique/different
- Talk numbers and the impact.
- Try STAR format — Situation Task Action Result — How challenging a problem is, task at hand and what action you took to achieve positive results
- End with a question that makes the other person follow up with you!
E.g. 1: I’m a Global Continuous Improvement leader with a flair to solve difficult problems. In my current position as Operational Excellence Head at TGV Studio, my recent challenge has been the reduction of content creation cycle time. I introduced a new AI based tool that automatically identifies well articulated content. We managed to eliminate the re-recording process in over 90% cases which, ultimately, saved 4 hours of post production process per week. I know content creation in less time is your priority being a busy leader. I’m sure I can use my expertise to achieve great results with our production model
E.g. 2: The Guiding Voice Studio provides podcasting as a service for busy leaders and brands. That means two things: seasoned leaders aspiring to be thought leaders will be able to launch their own podcasts, and two: brands can benefit from the reduced turnaround time in producing audio content that will help engage their customers. We helped our last client Infinite Wins leadership coaching create weekly podcasts that reached 15K audience within the first month. Did you think of launching your own podcast before?
We are interested to know your elevator pitch and/or any success stories of how elevator pitch helped you get a new job or close a deal!
Feel free to reach out to email@example.com with any feedback.
Also, listen to our podcast http://theguidingvoice.podbean.com or wherever you find podcasts
Thanks for reading!
Originally published at https://www.linkedin.com.