Addressing the Energy Crisis through ESG and Careers in Sustainability!
How many times have you come across the phrase “ There is no Planet B”?
Never was ESG and sustainability more important to organizations and businesses.
Why and what really matters?
Sustainability means meeting our own needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. This way we ensure the resources we use today do not get depleted tomorrow and we find alternate solutions before it is too late.
Doyou know the movement of smartphone retail packaging excluding the chargers to reduce the carbon footprint of the company?
Why does Apple aim to be 100% carbon neutral by 2030?
This shows sustainability is a popular and growing field that aims to integrate social science, environmental science, and civil engineering to make the earth more sustainable.
Fig illustration: Any solution is to be created by keeping these 4 pillars in mind to give optimum and Efficient use of resources.
Checklist of skills — that makes you the perfect fit:
· Graphic design
· Computer-Aided design (CAD)
· Renewable energy systems
· Geographic information systems (GIS)
· Corporate experience*
· LEED Certification* (Leadership in energy and environment design)
Examples of popular formal degree programs include the below:
· Master of Public Health: This sustainability degree encompasses environmental and occupational health roles.
· MBA with sustainability concentration: This field of study focuses on sustainability and environmental management in the business sector.
· Master of Science in Global Energy Management: This field encompasses energy management such as fuel resourcing, monitoring, and acquisition with international applications.
· International Environmental Law & Policy: This field focuses on the planning and implementation of appropriate environmental policies, laws, and regulations.
Popular universities are Harvard, IIM, IIFM, UC Berkley, Sustainability Technology Institute, Richmond, Colorado school of mines, and check out more.
Want to make a career switch — ensure it’s a wise decision
Recent trends show that many fortune 500 companies have started taking baby steps toward appointing Sustainability consultants. As there is no rule book in this field, the organizations have already started to implement new ideas.
If you are passionate about saving the environment, you too can become one!
This blog contains curated content from our TGV Podcast ep #189. Anveshi Gutta is the CEO of AT Quest Sustainable Solutions Pvt Ltd ( https://atquest.in/), a social enterprise that focuses on Urban Sustainable Living. He has an industry experience of 19 years in the IT, Consulting, and Social Impact space. Before starting on his entrepreneurial journey, he was leading the Smart Cities consulting engagements for cities, predominantly in developing markets (India, UAE, Qatar, South Africa) and frontier markets (Bangladesh, Sri Lanka).
He has been invited to various conferences and universities to be a keynote speaker on topics related to Urban Development.
Today, he drives sustainable social and ecological impact at scale through his venture.
If you loved the blog post, you’d definitely love the podcast episode, for tuning into the episode please click the links in the first comment.
Thank you for reading.
Please feel free to leave your feedback/comments! It will motivate us to bring in more inspiring and useful content.
Originally published at https://www.linkedin.com.